In the column, GQ says, “The citizens of Pittsburgh, that hardened, blue collar town on the banks of the Monongahela River, long ago described as ‘Hell with the lid taken off.’ The men and women in this city indulge a style that could be referred to as ‘Game Day Casual’ (or ‘Meth Lab Formal,’ depending on your preference), which stems from their love of a certain NFL franchise and an utter (expletive) indifference to their personal appearance and what you think of them.
“From foot to crown the standard ensemble goes like this: high top sneakers, preferably Converse, worn loosely tied; white tube socks; distressed jean shorts, worn long and with a sag in the keister; Pittsburgh Steelers jersey, size XXXL, preferably black; facial hair, preferably goat tee or chin strappy beard; baseball cap, preferably something in a florescent shade of camouflage or a piece that reflects a strong allegiance to a NASCAR driver.
Accurate. Pittsburgh is not for fashion plates. I’m actually surprised it’s not #1 on this list.
What do you all think? Accurate?
Posted on Saturday, 16 July
Tagged as: pittsburgh clothes
Reblogged from: jennyjennybobenny
Posted by: jennyjennybobenny
- asmileandasong reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh
- srjacks reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh
- rebelle-epoque reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh and added:
- the-stickynoteaddict reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh
- sardonicmeg reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh and added:
- floatinginbasicspace reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh and added:
- vegetable reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh and added:
- vegetable likes this
- quixoticandabsurd reblogged this from fuckyeahtheburgh and added:
- fuckyeahtheburgh reblogged this from jennyjennybobenny and added:
- unamiaja said:if i may: i would also argue the lack of style sense is compounded by the fact that our team apparel is interchangeable (of course it’s really not, but wow, if i had a dime for every steelers jersey worn to a pirates game). black and gold, bitches!
- unamiaja likes this
- stylishwhitefemale said:This makes me very sad. But it’s generally true.
- luciwithani likes this
- jennyjennybobenny posted this